HIVSA is an accredited training provider with the Health and Welfare SETA.
The training department currently runs a variety of courses including a Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) for counsellors working in the field of HIV.
- Provide ongoing FETC accredited training for lay counsellors working at government Comprehensive Care Management and Treatment/ CCMT clinics
- Provide training to counsellors on pricking and testing
- Provide non-clinical mentorship training to counsellors
- Provide training to counsellors on Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC)
- Provide updated training to clinic personnel on basic HIV, HCT, adherence
- Provide training to Community Health Workers as required by the Department of Health (DoH)
- Support the provincial DoHSD by providing technical assistance, at a district facility level, through developing leadership and governance in order to improve the quality of care recieved by patients
- Provide HIV Counselling Skills Programme
- Provide a basic management skills development course for Health Facility Managers
- Provide a skills development course for health care workers in a supervisory role.