Digital Media Coordinator
Duration: 12 months (dependent on donor funding)
As a digital media coordinator, your job duties will include social media content creation and development of campaigns (from design to implementation), copywriting, organising social media sites, social media marketing and implementing search campaigns. You will also be required to make use of third-party tools to plan/schedule content. The Digital Media Coordinator should also have thorough knowledge on Google Analytics and website content management. He/she must be capable of providing an analysis on content performance and provide suggestions to improve content offering based on trends.
- Planning (from design to copywriting) social media content and newsletter content, and ensuring brand awareness through the marketing of ‘quality’ content across all social channels and website. (Graphic design skills, videos editing, and design of multimedia content)
- Design and create additional digital mailer communications from design to publishing (monthly newsletters)
- Scheduling and management of social media platforms using third-party tools
- Monitor and analyze effectiveness of marketed content
- Management of website content (under supervision of Project Manager)
- Monitor and implementation of best SEO practices.
- Monitoring social media trends.
- Assist with managing project and campaign deliverables in order to meet expectations (KPIs)
- Together with the Digital Media Project Manager, plan and execute digital marketing campaigns (social and search)
- Contribute forward-thinking content ideas that help amplify the organisations reputation
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify new stories, trends, and opportunities to create content
- Be able to capture offline content to promote the brand – this will require field work within our community based organisations and partners
- Digital and social media formats
- Photoshop Adobe/illustrator/in-design
- Full MS Office suite (Inc. MS office 365)
- In-depth knowledge/experience with all major social media platforms and experience producing content
- Digital Marketing knowledge
- Knowledge of third party tools e.g. Hootsuite or Meta
- Experience in photography and videography including editing to produce multimedia content.
- Mailchimp experience (creating mailer campaigns)
Personal attributes -
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to understand brand’s identity, core target audience and layer onto that own creativity and fresh content ideas
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Highly motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Eye for design/graphics
- Demonstrate decision-making ability
- Takes pride in being a multitasker
- Technically proficient, ability to adopt/learn about new technologies.
- Bachelors degree/Diploma in Marketing/Social media/Digital Media/Communications
- Drivers licence (more than 3 years driving experience)
- 1-3 years experience in social media marketing
- 3 years experience in graphic design
- Experience with social media, SEO best practices and Google Adwords within the South African context
- Data-driven and highly analytical.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics
- Proficiency with creating compelling ad campaigns on Google
- Experience in website content management
- Must be fully or partially vaccinated
Remuneration will be competitive, based on skills and experience.
What do you need to do to apply?
Candidates that meet the minimum requirements and are interested in the position should send a motivation letter and CV (not more than 5 pages) with three contactable referees to: The HR Manager, HIVSA, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082; or e-mail to: email@example.com; fax: 086 244 5444. Closing date for applications: 7th September 2022 (Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.)