Digital Media Moderator & Community Activator
Fixed term contract (dependent on donor funding)
WHO IS HIVSA?
HIVSA is a not-for-profit company established in 2002 and is a strategic partner of the Gauteng Provincial Departments of Health and Social Development. We innovatively transform and empower individuals, community workers and organisations by developing their capacities to effectively respond to the socio-economic and health challenges that burden communities.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Digital Media Moderator & Community Activator will be responsible for actively engaging in community outreach campaigns and directing and promoting target audiences to Choma Magazine under the supervision of the Digital Media Project Manager. He/She is also responsible for the day-to-day online moderation and community management on the relevant social media platforms and reporting thereof to the Digital Media Project Manager. He/She will be responsible for answering user-generated questions across the digital and social media platforms that is compliant with the brand’s tone and persona. He/She is also tasked to develop content monthly in the form of articles/blogs/vlogs in line with the annual content plan.
Key Performance Areas:
- Online community management and content writing
- Community/Stakeholder engagement and outreach activities
- Content and performance analysis and reporting (M&E)
Tasks and Responsibilities include:
HIVSA’s Digital Media Moderator & Community Activator is responsible for:
Online Community Management and Content Writing:
- Contributes to content development by identifying key engagement themes and reporting these to the Digital Media Project Manager.
- Content writing and social media content creation through the development of blogs/vlogs.
- In collaboration with the moderation team under the guidance of the Digital Media Project Manager engages and moderates the interactions within the online community.
- Analysis of data from the online engagement to identify popular content, trends and issues that inform content and project development and improvement.
- Moderates all digital media platforms on the front-end and back-end content management systems.
- To respond to all online questions and responses, and referring users to healthcare and education services including partner services.
- Participate in internal team meetings and provide feedback on moderation progress.
- Develops strategies to inform the management team and other team members on relevant social media techniques to promote user engagement and participation.
Community/Stakeholder engagement and outreach activities
- Support the Digital Media Projects’ outreach and media campaigns and generate awareness online and offline.
- Attend regular internal project meetings as well as external stakeholder, client and partner meetings with Digital Media Project Manager where applicable.
- Stay updated with changing trends of stakeholders in the mobile space, suggest improvements to the mobile health team in line with project outcomes
- Collaborate with partners, Choma champions and facilitating youth dialogues and focus groups.
- To develop partnerships and identify new potential partnerships with communities – Informing Digital Media Project Manager
- May be required from time-to-time to represent the Digital Media Programme in the mainstream media and be available for radio, TV and print interviews.
Content analysis and reporting (M&E)
- Provides weekly and monthly reports which includes all aspects of community engagement across all social media platforms.
- Provides daily performance reports to Digital Media Project Manager (based on daily targets).
- Providing and tracking online referrals.
- Tracking audience discussion and content trends across the social media platforms.
- Reporting on outreach activities (register, attendance, observations) to Digital Media Project Manager
- Provide online moderation and support to target audiences in a congruent, empathetic, non-judgemental and informative manner that corresponds with the brand’s persona.
- Have in-depth knowledge about the brand, including tone, respective target audience as well as knowledge of HIV prevention in a South African context.
- Ensure that regular communication with regard to project outputs takes place consistently both internally and with external stakeholders, including the online community.
- Keep up to date with changing trends in behaviour, attitudes and knowledge of girls and young women so as to communicate effectively with this target market.
Skills and competencies –
- Degree/Diploma in Psychology/Social work/Counselling
- At least 2 years experience in counselling or be a registered counsellor
- Social media/content experience
- Experience in activations/community mobilisation activities.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for social media and community building online and offline, including in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, market trends, best practices, content development and metrics, and tools.
- Extensive experience using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, Instagram, YouTube and Whatsapp and any other relevant social media platforms.
- Data capturing skills (knowledge in MS excel).
- Stellar attention to detail, grammar and spelling e.g. content writing.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, always-on (social media) environment.
- Ability to work independently while supporting and maintaining constant communication with larger team and stakeholders.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence (of more than 3 years) and be familiar with driving manual fleet vehicles.
- Must be partially or fully vaccinated (Covid-19) and be willing to be fully vaccinated if partially vaccinated.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates that meet the requirements and are interested in the position should send a motivation letter and CV with three contactable referees to: The HR Manager, HIVSA, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, e-mail: email@example.com or fax: 086 244 5444. Closing date for applications: 16 September 2022 (Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted).