Are you looking to improve your HIV knowledge and skills and earn 5.5 CPD points?
Dates: 22 to 24 November 2021
Cost: R1, 100 per participant
Course duration: 3 days (09:00 to 15:00) This training is delivered virtually on Microsoft Teams
Established in 2002, HIVSA is known for delivering quality training programs targeting professionals in the field. HIVSA is accredited with the South African Council for Social Services Professions (SACSSP) to deliver CPD accredited programs.
HIVSA can tailor-make and design training courses that are specific to your context and needs.
To register for this course, please contact: Ms Nombulelo Mnisi
Phone: +27 11 494 1900
Kindly quote course code: HAST_Nov21 to register for this course
Basic HIV (HAST – HIV/AIDS/STI/TB)
|Course name||Basic HIV (HAST – HIV/AIDS/STI/TB)|
|Overview||Education about HIV / AIDS / STI / TB is fundamental for people to better understand the virus. Each new generation of people needs to understand how to prevent and protect themselves from infection. The main need for education is to:
1. Prevent new infections
2. Improve the quality of life for those infected/affected by HIV / AID
3. To help reduce stigma and discrimination
|Entry requirements||• Completed application form
• Submit a Certified copy of Identification Document (not older than 3 months)
• Payment of course fee
|Who should attend||• Social Workers and Social Auxiliary Workers
• All health care professionals, including clinical and administrative staff members.
• Any members of the public wanting to gain more understanding of HIV/AIDS.
• All HIV Lay Counsellors and Health Care Professionals who conduct HIV testing and counselling
|Course duration||• 3 days (online)|
|• Introduction to HIV
• Introduction to Pre and Post HIV Test Counselling
• Anti-retroviral treatment (ART)
• HIV Prevention
• Medical Male Circumcision
• Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s)
• Immune Reconstruction Inflammatory Syndrome
• Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (EMTCT)
• Family Planning
• HIV and Nutrition
|Instructional method||• Facilitation to be conducted by a qualified and experienced facilitator|
|Certification||• Certificates of completion will be issued to learners who attended on the scheduled days of the course
• Only learners’ whose course fees have been paid in full will be considered for certification
|Cost per delegate||• (VAT inclusive) R1100|